Write a chapter of the Bible!
The Word of God has been feeding all of God’s children for thousands of years and is one of the pillars of our faith. John Wesley, the founder of the Methodist movement wrote; “I want the whole Christ for my Savior, the whole Bible for my book, the whole Church for my fellowship and the whole world for my mission field.”
This is the 50th anniversary of the merger that took place in 1968 to form what is now The United Methodist Church. To celebrate this we are going to embark on an exciting venture this summer. We are asking the community of faith (young and old) to volunteer to hand write one or more chapters of the Bible from any English translation that you prefer. Sign up for your chapter/s (there are 1,189!).
I am looking forward to participating in this project as well as celebrating its completion. It is my prayer that as you are writing your verses they may work their way deeper into your hearts!
- Use plain white 8.5 X 11 paper (available in the office if you need some) leaving approximately a one inch margin on the left hand side.
- List the book and chapter you are copying, your name, and if you so choose list to whom or what you are writing this in honor, memory, or celebration of.
- Write only on one side of paper. Use another sheet if it goes over one page.
- Return your completed pages to the office before September 1st so that we may compile it all for our church anniversary later that month.
- If you have questions you may contact the project coordinator Barb Abraham at 414-426-3701.